Develop an innovative or challenging workflow solution and win 1 lakh rupees. The solution should address challenges faced by today’s microscopicsts who spend significant time on image processing tasks such as object detection and image segmentation. Don’t know coding? No problem. We also encourage microscopists without coding skills to participate as a team by finding a partner who can help with coding. You can provide the microscopy related challenge that your partner solves with his/her coding skills. The contest is open from 1 November 2018 to 24 January 2019 and the winner will be announced in February 2019.
- Any student, doctoral, post-doctoral or a researcher from any university or research institution in India.
- Participants with skills in Python, especially in Scikit-image, OpenCV, and Tensorflow will benefit from their added image processing skills.
- A good understanding of real life research problems involving microscopy also helps.
- We encourage collaboration where an algorithm specialist pairs up with a researcher to solve a real world microscopy challenge.
- Fill the contest registration form below.
- Register for free on www.apeer.com and explore existing modules and workflows.
- Watch the videos below about module creation.
- Build your module and execute it as a workflow on APEER.
- If you do not have any challenges or data then please pick from one of the challenges mentioned in the below section.
A panel of judges will pick the winner based on the following criteria:
- Workflow should be executable on www.apeer.com
- Relevance of the workflow to microscopy
- Usability of the workflow for multiple use cases
- Difficulty & usefulness
Only one top winner will be picked. The contest winner will receive a cash prize of 1 lakh rupees.
Winner will be announced in February 2019.
- The contest is about building the best image processing workflow that works on www.apeer.com
- We recommend working with a researcher using microscopy to get real life use cases that you can solve
- If you do not have any such contacts then please download this document for some workflow ideas and test data
- Please watch the video summarizing and demonstrating the contest process
APEER is a ZEISS initiative to bring the researcher and algorithm engineer together to accelerate research. The cloud platform enables any researcher to create, customize, and execute software workflows all the way from image acquisition to report generation. Users can customize publicly shared application workflows or easily build personalized workflows for their specific jobs. Automation of image processing workflows saves valuable time that can be used for research that actually needs human involvement.
APEER is free to use and open to all in India.
- Automate recurring tasks
Use APEER for your routine tasks and make them executable in one click. For example, you can automate the task of counting neurons or particles in your images using machine learning algorithms developed by you or your peers.
- Use one platform for your entire experiment
Define and execute end-to-end workflows, from image acquisition to getting results ready for publication. Create your own software modules using most scripting languages, including Python, Java, and ImageJ scripting. Let the system keep track of results from every step in the workflow.
- Share – if you want to
You can choose to share your work with specific users or with the entire APEER community. You can also keep it private for personal use. Sharing work increases visibility and minimizes reinventing code.
- Digitalize your microscopy experience
Access your data and run your workflows from anywhere and at any time. Visualize your images using any device, no more local hardware dependence. Leverage cloud infrastructure to scale resources accordingly.