APEER Image Processing Coding Contest is back on popular demand. Win 2.5 lakhs by coding to automate image processing tasks in research. Your code can speed up research for almost every disease and in the advancement of science. The contest is about developing a workflow solution that automates image processing tasks such as object detection, image segmentation, extraction, classification, etc.
Don’t know coding? No problem. You can either collaborate with a coder or just let us know, we can help you find a team member who can code. You can provide the microscopy related challenge that your partner solves with his/her coding skills.
Know coding but do not have an image processing challenge? Please pick one of the challenges described in this document. You can also write to us during registration if you want to be matched with a researcher looking for a coder.
The contest is open from 11 March to 30 June 2019. Register now!
- Anyone from India who’s studying, researching or working in India.
- Participants with skills in Python, MATLAB, Java and ImageJ and basic knowledge of Git, Visual Studio Code and Docker is beneficial.
- A good understanding of real life research problems involving microscopy also helps.
- We encourage collaboration where an algorithm/coding specialist pairs up with a researcher to solve a real world microscopy challenge or pick one from one of these challenges.
- Fill the contest registration form below.
- Register for free on www.apeer.com and explore existing modules and workflows.
- Watch the videos below about module creation.
- Build your module and execute it as a workflow on APEER.
- IMPORTANT: Before publishing, fill in APEER CONTEST 2 INDIA in the field "description"
- If you do not have any challenges or datasets please pick one or get inspired from this document.
A panel of judges will pick the winner based on the following criteria:
- Workflow should be executable on www.apeer.com
- Technological difficulty and creativity
- Accuracy and robustness of the workflow on different datasets
- Completeness of the workflow (e.g. just image segmentation vs. extending it to report relevant final results)
- Relevance of the workflow to microscopy
Winner will be announced in July 2019.
APEER is a ZEISS initiative to bring the researcher and algorithm engineer together to accelerate research. The cloud platform enables any researcher to create, customize, and execute software workflows all the way from image acquisition to report generation. Users can customize publicly shared application workflows or easily build personalized workflows for their specific jobs. Automation of image processing workflows saves valuable time that can be used for research that actually needs human involvement.
APEER is free to use and open to all in India.
- Automate recurring tasks
Use APEER for your routine tasks and make them executable in one click. For example, you can automate the task of counting neurons or particles in your images using machine learning algorithms developed by you or your peers.
- Use one platform for your entire experiment
Define and execute end-to-end workflows, from image acquisition to getting results ready for publication. Create your own software modules using most scripting languages, including Python, Java, and ImageJ scripting. Let the system keep track of results from every step in the workflow.
- Share – if you want to
You can choose to share your work with specific users or with the entire APEER community. You can also keep it private for personal use. Sharing work increases visibility and minimizes reinventing code.
- Digitalize your microscopy experience
Access your data and run your workflows from anywhere and at any time. Visualize your images using any device, no more local hardware dependence. Leverage cloud infrastructure to scale resources accordingly.