Based on three decades of experience and continual advancement, MetaSystems has developed the most comprehensive and automated cytogenetic solutions. The new CoolCube 4 camera enables ultra-high resolution and unprecedented speeds in scanning while the next generation Ikaros DNN (Deep Neural Network) (US patent no: 10,991,098) enables Artificial Intelligence (AI) augmented automatic separation and karyotyping. This AI-based chromosome classification is the next quantum leap in optimizing chromosome analysis which allows investigators for an unrivalled gain in karyotyping efficiency, accuracy and represents a fully automated workflow from scanning to karyotyped metaphases. It therefore will be the first out of many MetaSystems products which will benefit from the applications of AI.
• Role of artificial intelligence in cytogenetics
• Patented technology for swifter turn around time (TAT), from minutes to seconds
Mr. Benjamin Ching | Director, MetaSystems Asia Co. Ltd.
- More than 15 years of experience with automated image analysis and high throughput automated scanning.
- Extensive knowledge of applications development and implementation in the JAPAC region.
- Fluent in microscopy applications and molecular genetics.
- Oct-2014 – Present: Director & Strategic Applications; MetaSystems Asia Co. Ltd., Hong Kong, China.
- 2007: Joined MetaSystems Asia Co. Ltd., Hong Kong as Application Specialist.
- 2006: MSc. Biological Sciences, Molecular Genetics and Gene expression, University of Windsor, Windsor, Ontario, Canada
- 2003: BSc. Biochemistry, Simon Fraser University Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada
Area of Interest/Expertise:
Light Microscopy, Automated Image Analysis, Clinical AI applications