The confocal Laser Scanning Microscope (CLSM) is an established technique for obtaining depth selective high resolution optical images for reconstructing 3D cellular and sub-cellular imaging. Optimized simultaneous spectral detection of multiple weak labels with the highest light efficiency, 3D imaging combined with low phototoxicity and high speed has increased the scope of CLSM in wide biological applications.
Major applications of confocal microscopy in the biological sciences include:
- Imaging spatial distribution of spatial macromolecules in either fixed or living cells
- The measurement of physiological events in living cells
- Advantage of maintaining morphology so that cellular location can be correlated with signal intensity
- High resolution to image intracellular structures with sufficient detail in X-Y-Z.
- LSM technology combined with SR technique is a perfect fit for fixed and live cell imaging
- Airyscan Multiplex SR technology with improved speed, sensitivity and resolution for enhanced cellular imaging
- Expand your spectral range with NIR imaging
- Date - October 5, 2021
- Time - 2:30 PM IST
- Speakers - Dr. Somenath Ghatak
Dr. Somenath Ghatak | Product Application and Sales Specialist, Light Microscopy, ZEISS India
Dr. Somenath Ghatak, is Application Specialist (Life Sciences) for pan India region. He obtained his Ph.D in Biophysics from AIIMS, New Delhi and has more than 10 years of experience in application driven research microscopy. He has been supporting users in all aspects of advanced light microscopy as well as correlative microscopy experiments: sample preparation, introduction to the
imaging technology, assistance and trouble-shooting during imaging and data collection, data management as well as data analysis.